Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What Lies Beneath

Ever wonder what those little mushroom guys in Mario look like under their hats? I have too, but technically what I'm going to show you isn't a mushroom guy or man or what have you, but a mushroom that would be ingested by Mario to gain an associated ability. So I went into a nearby Newbury Comics to get...comics and while checking out I saw these. Small mushrooms from the "New" Super Mario Bros. game which was released on the Nintendo DS last year. They came in three colors red (original big-up mushroom, buk buk), green (1-up), and blue (new micro mario mushroom). I got the green one.



So apparently the brains of these mushroom 'guys' are just little mushroom babies. Hmm...interesting. By this point you're probably wondering, "Ok what the hell am I looking at!?" These are just candy sours in a Mushroom tin. The thing cost a bit more than I would normally pay, however in this case I was paying for the tin more than the candy inside. I'm sure Nintendo obviously knew this when licencing the product.

No comments: